We have all experienced changes in our habits and lifestyles over the course of the pandemic. Unfortunately, many of us have adopted some lifestyle habits which have had a negative impact on health.
Just some of the ways we have been affected
- Pains and aches due to change in ergonomics, for example, from creating a work station at home.
- Reduced exercise that includes all three important areas of fitness; namely strength, mobility and cardiovascular training.
- A more sedentary routine, leading to weight gain and reduced energy levels.
- Home comforts, such as snacking, that cause reduced nutritional quality, and excessive caloric intake.
- Lack of mental/emotional stress management, and an increase in triggers; such as fear in the media, increased or decreased workload, or other perceived threats.
- Reduced social interaction, that also negatively impacts on mental/emotional well-being.
- Physiological changes, e.g. increased blood pressure, insulin sensitivity and impaired immune function.
Wellness = Improved Immunity
With the pandemic, we realise now, more than ever, there is utmost importance to optimise our health and wellbeing to ensure our immune systems work at their best to reduce susceptibility to disease.
Focusing on improving a number of lifestyle habits together can be hard to achieve without support. Although sometimes changing habits can be a simple concept, it’s not always easy to put into practice due to demands of work, time, family etc.
There’s also sometimes confusion in the fitness industry, with competition in food and fitness companies who claim they can offer quick fixes.
It takes 8 weeks of consistent actions to form new habits. The 8 Weeks to Wellness programme provides you with a tool box to transform how the pandemic has and still is affecting us – in a very supportive way.
8 Weeks to Wellness includes 5 main pillars:
- Chiropractic – The foundation of 8 Weeks to Wellness starts with Chiropractic. This focuses on the relationship between the spine and the nervous system and how this affects your health. Helping you build a strong basis for a strong and healthy body.
- Nutrition – We will show you how to eat throughout the program, what foods to introduce when. We will help you change your lifestyle so that this is not just a fad or a flash in the pan, but a change in the way you look at food and the choices you make. The right foods can work as antioxidants to protect healthy cells, support growth and activity of immune cells, and support our microbiomes, which act as an extra defence.
- Massage – This is a key element of 8 Weeks to Wellness and helps you relieve muscle tensions, reduce stress and evoke calmness. Our fantastic team of massage therapists are here to help you on your way to recovery.
- Exercise – Our personal trainers are at hand to help guide you in improving strength, movement and balance. Strengthening your core and building muscle tone in the correct, safe environment, is the best way to get the results that you need. Regular exercise has been shown to improve the functioning immune responses.
- Mindfulness – just 10 minutes of daily mindfulness allows stress relief and positive thinking. Chronic stress can cause a release in stress hormones such as cortisol, that suppress inflammation and action of white blood cells.
Take a look at what our team has to say about 8 Weeks to Wellness
“The results from 8 Weeks to Wellness have exceeded my expectations. The flexibility in my neck and shoulders was very poor when I first came to the clinic and was preventing me from certain exercises. Now I can return to things I haven’t been able to do for several years. Nutrition was the area I was weakest in but with the support and information available, my family and I are now eating much healthier” Neil Bain
8 Weeks to Wellness gives a person the support of the entire expert team at Spinal Care Clinics. The transformations in wellness can be felt quickly during the program, and stick for life.
Together with leadership by a team of therapists in massage, nutrition, exercise and mindfulness, the 8WW program can help you to optimise functioning of your body and immune defences during the current climate.
We have all of this at your disposal at Spinal Care Clinics and are always here to help you! So if you’re suffering from the effects of the pandemic, let us help you.
Call us to book a no obligation consultation