What pitfalls do we generally face when it comes to losing fat and increasing muscle? (ie overcoming metabolic disease). Let’s talk about these and how we can help you combat them with ACTiV8.
Why don’t diets work?
- Eating an unsustainably small amount of food or an excessively low calorie diet
- Falling for clever food marketing that allude you into thinking their product is ‘healthy’ when it is not necessarily so
- Making diets overly complicated (keep it simple with real food!)
- Only looking at calories and not considering the types of food the body needs
- A lack of understanding about the ratio of protein:carbohydrate:fat our bodies individually need through the day
- No consideration of important vitamins and minerals to feel at your optimum and allow you to perform
- Not building a commonly neglected tissue… MUSCLE!
- Inability to move well due to pain and/or dysfunction
- Insufficient water intake
- Falling short of general activity through the day, such as hitting 10,000+ steps per day
- Lack of attention to psychological health, which greatly influences healthy habits
Find out more in our next blog!
If you or someone you know might be suffering with difficulties caused by diabetes, refer them to us, we may be able to help with our range of supportive therapies, so make sure you ask us about it!
Call us to book a no obligation consultation