Our resident Chef, Lill is always whipping up a treat for us on our training days.
You have to try this recipe for her delicious Carrot Cake. It’s one of your five a day! It’s truly outstanding and doesn’t last long around here.
250g self-raising flour
2 tsp ground cinnamon (I used 6!!)
400g caster sugar (I used 250g)
250 ml vegetable oil
350g grated carrots
120g chopped walnuts
Cream cheese icing:
225g cream cheese
110g butter, room temperature
450g icing sugar (I used 100g for a less sugary flavour)
- Preheat oven to Gas mark 4.
- Grease two 23cm round cake tins.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, cinnamon and sugar. Add the oil and eggs, mix until blended, then fold in the grated carrots and chopped nuts.
- Divide the cake mixture evenly between the two prepared tins.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven. A skewer inserted into the cake should come out clean. Cool on wire racks before removing from tins.
- To make the icing: cream together the butter and cream cheese, add the sugar and cream well. Ice the cakes once they have cooled.
- Make sure no one is around OR hide the cake until you want to serve it, or it will be gone!